We are giving back to women who are transitioning from prison, supporting their families and children on "Giving Tuesday." What are you giving today? We hope that you are sharing your heart and if you have more to spare, see how you can join the movement. Here's how a couple of extra coins can help:
1. Five dollars ($5.00) can provide a hygiene kit (toiletries, toilet paper, sanitary napkins, hand sanitizer for an incarcerated parent).
2. Ten dollars ($10.00) can provide a mask for one woman who is incarcerated to protect against COVID19.
3. Fifteen dollars ($15.00) can provide one journal, pens, pencils, and supplies for a resident of the halfway house to participate in life skills class for 6 weeks.
4. Twenty-dollars ($20.00) can provide a craft of coffee to be served while attendees at the halfway house attend a Zoom meeting.
5. Thirty-dollars ($30.00) can provide bagels and donuts to go with coffee for life skills. This amount covers about 10 people.
Everyone gives for different reasons. What will you give? Interested in volunteering? Please use our contact sheet and we most certainly can put you to work as a volunteer!
DC Project Connect