- Multiple DatesThu, Dec 08Register for LinkDec 08, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM ESTRegister for LinkHelp children better understand their emotions. Learn how children express and identify with difficult topics such as incarceration, jail, prison visits, and other challenging discussions. Parents learn techniques for bonding and rebuilding trust, especially after being untruthful with children.
- Wed, Jul 20Invitation Only| Private GroupJul 20, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM EDTInvitation Only| Private GroupDC Project Connect provides psycho-educational support to those impacted by incarceration. During this 4-week workshop, participants will focus on doing "self-work," building self-awareness of underlying loss and potentially unresolved trauma. Dr. Hart-Johnson will facilitate the course.
- Tue, Jul 12Via ZOOM Private InvitationJul 12, 9:30 AM EDTVia ZOOM Private InvitationDuring this Life Skills Workshop, participants will discuss such topics as conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, family reunification, and other essential psycho-educational topics. Guest Speakers present on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month for Home Detention and Half-way house residents
- Mon, Feb 08https://www.facebook.com/griefhealers/Feb 08, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM ESThttps://www.facebook.com/griefhealers/Hey Family join me and the "4EverHealed" organization on Monday night, (2/8/2021), 7:00 p.m. EST, where I will discuss children dealing with grief, loss, and unprecedented times of a time of COVID and other disruptions in normalness. https://twitter.com/4everhealed/status/1358138094113992704?s=20
- Mon, Aug 24See Zoom above (listed on flyer)
- Sat, Aug 01Safeway
- Wed, Jun 24Brescia University College
- Tue, May 12https://join.me/dcprojectconnectMayMay 12, 2020, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDThttps://join.me/dcprojectconnectMayFamily's lives can be disrupted and strained by the disruption of incarceration as well as reunification of a returning citizen's integration in the household. Stress peaks, financial considerations increase, and the risk for conflict can ensue. See registration.
- Tue, Apr 28Zoom Register https://bit.ly/33OZYS4
- Fri, Apr 17https://bit.ly/33OZYS4Apr 17, 2020, 8:30 PMhttps://bit.ly/33OZYS4Please share this seminar with your networks for families, advocates, and others who may need an uplift during these times of uncertainty. While we began this virtual hub for families affected by incarceration, we have expanded our outreach to people who may be stressed and need a bit of self-care.
- Wed, Mar 04Main OfficeMar 04, 2020, 3:00 PMMain OfficeWriting retreat. DC Project Connect Launched 3 storybooks and training curriculum. Executives and researchers will meet to evaluate and complete the training layout and content. This event is closed to the public. However, we welcome feedback on the website https://www.mystoryandme.com